Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Crocheting silver and gold

When we were in Greece several years ago (before my sea glass passion became full blown), I stumbled upon a small jewelry shop, owned by a husband and wife.  They created beautiful crocheted silver designs, and I had to buy one!  When I got home, I knew I had to learn how to wire crochet!  First, I tried with regular crochet hooks -- too big.  Then I bought stainless steel, tiny hooks -- and practiced with plated wire.  Now, I have created silver and gold crocheted earrings and pendants, but meanwhile the price of the precious metals has skyrocketed.  Recently, I created a pendant with gold filled crochet and cobalt blue seaglass for a custom design customer.  Please visit my website to see more of the crocheted designs at http://www.luckyseaglass.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger