Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Sea Glass in Mongolia and Tibet

O.K., I didn't really find any sea glass in these areas -- they are not near an ocean.  But, I did find some rather old glass atop a mountain when I went to the Ganden monastery in Tibet, that almost looks like sea glass.  And, in the Gobi desert, where the rains and floods sweep across the plain, I also picked up some weathered glass to add to my collection.  My advice is if you find sea glass in your travels, be sure to put them in an envelope or baggie and label it!
Gobi desert sunset

Monastery atop a mountain in Tibet

Although we cruised along the Yangtze River in China, since the big dam was constructed, there are no river banks that I could search for river glass.  Many people were amazed at my sea glass jewelry in China.  In fact, at a Jade Jewelry center, the salespeople thought my green sea glass ring was jade, and they couldn't believe it when I told them it was sea glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger