I've been thinking that summer is a popular time to get away -- and so you may appreciate some tips from a world traveler! I know you can always find ideas in guide books, etc., but here are some ideas that have worked for me.
- Always bring some plastic bags -- zip lock is best. That way, if you find some sea glass along the way or if you have a wet bathing suit, whatever, you can put it in your suitcase and not worry about it.
- Pack a first aid kit with antibiotic cream, antinausea, etc. , and bandaids.
- If you are traveling with a significant other, split your clothes between both of your bags, so if one bag is lost, you still have some clothes!
- Bring one of those folding nylon bags for shopping trips, a beach bag, or even as your carryon. Longchamps makes a sturdy one.
- Read a book about the place you are visiting!
- Arrange for cell phone service where you are going. Sometimes you can get a cheaper rate if you call ahead for International Roaming.
- Don't pack valuables. But, do wear some Lucky Sea Glass jewelry :) Sorry, couldn't resist.