Pages

Saturday, May 19, 2012

My Jewelry Shopping Trip

Whew!  Just returned from the Big jewelry expo near here.  I can't believe how prices have risen -- for gold and sterling silver , particularly.  I'm trying to keep my prices at a reasonable level, and still use gold filled or sterling silver, but it is hard.  Gemstones are also expensive, especially rubies, which I love to add to my Woman of Valor designs!

One of the vendors was selling "sea glass" designs -- but she readily admitted to me that they were machine tumbled glass from Indonesia and then crafted in Mexico with silver colored metal.    She told me that genuine sea glass is so hard to find, so rare, etc.  Remember, all my designs are made with genuine, natural sea glass that I have found and I hand make all of the jewelry in one of a kind designs!  You know that saying -- "You get what you pay for" is really true.

I did buy some beautiful gold filled chain that I will be using in necklaces and bracelets.  Gold filled doesn't lose its golden finish, the way gold plated chain does.  Also, I bought a few choker type necklaces that some customers may prefer.  They won't tarnish and have a lovely, wavy design.  Perfect for sea glass pendants!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger