Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sea Glass in Fort Bragg, Cal and New Pictures

Visited the coves near Glass Beach today
Hiked down a steep cliff outside the park to a beach of sea glass.  I will post pictures later.  I found amber, aqua, white and green.  Hoping a surprise is in my bag somewhere.
There is the glass beach that is in the state park but we didn't go there as you are not supposed to collect there and it is somewhat depleted.  Instead, we scrambled down a cliff path to Site 2.

Later, we stopped at the Seaglass Museum.  I was upset to see they are selling bags of tumbled glass that they want people to toss onto the beach to seed for sea glass.  That is not  real sea glass!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger