Pages

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

What About River Glass?

I thought it might be helpful to write a little about river glass.  Actually, many seaglass collectors have found that river glass can be just as beautiful a find.  Usually, it is found near a river bank, and has been well tumbled.  Don't pick up the trash, shiny pieces from broken bottles!  I have found the best river glass near beaches, where a river flows into the ocean.

A friend of mine found some nice pieces near the Thames River in London.  I did find a couple of pieces in Germany, along the Moselle and I also have a few pieces from the Potomac River, near Alexnadria where George Washington lived!  So those of you who live near a river, but not an ocean or Great Lake,  consider river glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger