Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Wash Your Sea Glass!

When you are lucky enough to find a lot of sea glass, you need to sort through it and clean it.  I keep my sea glass sorted by place I found it, size and color.  That's why I have so many  containers.  Of course, you can just mix it all together in a jar!  But as a jewelry designer, I need to see size, color, and shape.

One way to clean it is to wash it by hand.  Make sure the sink drain is closed so no little pieces get lost.  Some people add a little white wine vinegar to the water.  I dry the seaglass with a towel and put it on a white towel or paper so the color is more obvious.  Sometimes I discover colors  I didn't know I had!

I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger