Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2016

India, Australia, and Sea Glass

I know it has been so long since I have written here! Have been in India for four weeks last Fall and just got back from five weeks in Australia.  Also, it took me so long to recover from the jet lag as Australia is so far away and in a completely different time zone-- 14 hours ahead of the East Coast.

Along the Great Ocean Road

Sleepy Koala, along the Great Ocean road

Twelve Apostles

Sea Arch

One of many amazing sunsets
Anyway, I had amazing experiences in Australia.  We started in Melbourne, drove along the Southeastern coast called the Great Ocean Road,  where I beachcombed but found very little sea glass, but beautiful scenery.  Then we took a train from Adelaide across the continent to the Northern Territory, Darwin.  In Darwin, where there had been a devastating typhoon in the '70's, I found lots of sea glass.  Then we went on a cruise of the Kimberley Coast, beautiful scenery, and I gave a talk and trunk show with my sea glass creations onboard.  The cruise ended in Broome, where we took a camel ride on Cable Beach at sunset.  Then on to Sydney for five days, by plane, for five more days before heading home.  Whew! Car, train, ship, plane -- did it all.  Here are some pictures!

2 comments:

I will respond to questions about where to search for seaglass, travel sites, places to visit, restaurants, hotels, etc. as well as about Lucky Sea Glass Jewelry!

Powered By Blogger